About College Library
The Golden Jubilee Central Library Science College (Autonomous) Hinjilicut was foundation stone by Sj.Naveen Pattnaik, Honourable Chief Minister of Odisha in presence of Smt.V.Sugnana Kumari Deo, Honourable president of Governing body and president of K.C.Trust Managing committee .Earlier it was Estd. In the year 1963 in the name of Science College Hinjilicut Library. The main moto of this Library to disseminate the knowledge, information, resources and services to the user’s, teacher’s, student’s and research scholars to support their academic carrier.
It is a 2-stored building having 2 main sections. Ground floor deals with circulation and technical section and first floor deals with reference cum reading room for reference and periodicals. This Library consists of 34,157 number of books .Out of the total collection 2270 no. of books belonging for reference purpose installed in the reference section. We are subscribing 20 periodicals (Journals and Magazines) and 10 newspapers (5 Odia daily newspapers and 5 English newspapers). Higher Education Department, Govt. of Odisha has installed to provide E-resources of EBSCO and aggregator of E-resources through Odisha State Higher Education Council in this Library with the free of cost of its users.
Library Staff Details
Name Of Te Staff
Dr.Samparna Rani Dash
Officer I/C of Library
Co-Ordinator for e-resources
Sri.Gagan Chandra Behera
Asst. Librarian(I/C of Library)
Sri. Narasingha Acharjya
Sri. Amulya Kumar Das
Sri. Madhu Naik
Rules and Regulations
- The name of the Library shall be ‘Golden Jubilee Central Library.
- The Library & Reading Room ordinarily remain open from sharp 10.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. on all working days and remain closed on all Sunday and declared holidays. The last period of every working day is meant for office work of the Library; hence book transaction is closed during that period.
- Only the staff, students and other persons with the permission of the Principal can use the Library.
- Persons having unsound mind, insanity to enter into the Library, will not be allowed to enter into it.
- The Reference Library and Reading Room shall be used only for reading books or periodicals. Strict silence shall be maintained in the premises of reference hall Library. Without prior permission, the members of the staff cannot bring their friends inside the Library. Only the members of the Teaching Staff shall have access into the Library. Students should present their requisition near the counter along with borrower’s card.
- Spitting, Smoking and Sleeping inside the Library or Reading Room are strictly prohibited. Cell phone is not allowed inside of the library.
- Any wilful breach of Library Rules will be reported to the professor in-charge of Library by the Librarian or Library staff; and such violator is liable to be removed from the Library premises.
- Books can be borrowed on working days only according to prior notified schedule.
- Before the books are issued, the borrower must examine the conditions of the books. For damages discovered later, the borrower shall be held responsible. Any person damaging or losing a book shall have to pay triple it’s purchase-cost or replace it with a similar of latest edition of the same volume and such other compensation as may be decided by the Principal. If the particular book belongs to any set or series and if not available singly, the borrower will be required to pay the value of the full set as assessed above. In case of rare books, the Principal may charge any amount at his discretion.
- No book can be moved from one place to another without the permission of the Librarian or the Professor in charge of Library.
- No nothing/markings or other forms of defacement shall be made in the Library books.
- A borrower against whom any charge is outstanding, shall not be allowed to further borrow books from the Library.
- The Principal has the right to stop issue of certain books to anyone. But ordinarily there will be no restriction on the use of books inside the Library.
- Student borrowers can keep the books of the Library with them for 15 days only. Books kept over time will be charged a fine of Rs. 1.00 (Rupee One) per day of default per book. However, if the due date happens to be a holiday, it should be returned on the next working day.
- Rare books of reference, courses of study, question papers, current issues of Magazines etc. should not be issued to anybody without the permission of the Principal. These materials shall be issued only for reference in the library.
- The maximum number of books to be issued to different categories of borrowers are as follows:
- Teachers : 25 for a session.
- Demonstrators : 5 for a session.
- Class III/IV staff : 3 for a session.
- Degree (Hons) students : 4 each for 15 days.
- BBA & BCA Students : 3 each for 15 days.
- M.Com. : 2 each for 15 days.
- M.Sc. : 2 each for 15 days.
- A book once issued to a borrower can be reissued to him/her only if not requisitioned by others. In such cases, the books must be presented to the Librarian for necessary entries.
- No student shall be allowed to fill up the forms for Examination without “No Dues” certificate received from the Librarian.
Loss of borrower’s card shall be reported to the Librarian. A duplicate card shall be issued on production of an affidavit after payment of prescribed charges.
Issued and return of books date wise for various classes is given below.
|1||+3 Sc. I & II year||4, 11, 18|
|2||+3 Com. I & II year||5, 12, 19|
|3||+3 Arts I & II year||6, 13, 20|
|4||+3 Arts, Sc. & Com. IIIrd year||7, 14, 21|
|5||BBA, BCA , e-Commerce & ETC||8, 15, 22|
|6||M.Com. I & II year||9, 16, 23|
|7||M.Sc. I & II year||10, 17, 24|
If the dates for issue of books fall on Sundays or public holidays, the same will be issued on the next working date between 01.30 PM to 4.30 PM. E-Commerce & EETC students will be issued ONE book extra in addition to their class books on the dates scheduled for their classes.
National Digital Library of India
Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations
National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content