BRIEF HISTORY OF THE COLLEGE
Science College (Autonomous) Hinjilicut, Ganjam, Odisha is one of the premiere educational institutions of the state. It came into existence in 1963 through the initiative and untiring endeavors of the benevolent the then Head Master of Brundaban Vidyapitha, Hinjilicut, Late Kishore Chandra Panda and other philanthropists of the locality to fulfill the long cherished dreams of the local people. During its infancy the college was nurtured by the generous patronage of Raja Saheb, Purna Chandra Mardaraj Deo of Khallikote regency out of the benevolent fund created by his father Raja Bahadur Rama Chandra Mardaraj Deo, one of the prominent architects of modern Odisha with the whole hearted co-operation and support of the then Hon’ble Minister of State, Late. Brundaban Nayak, a beloved leader of South Odisha. At present the institution is flourishing under the dynamic leadership of Smt.V. Sugnana Kumari Deo, Hon’ble President K.C (Trust) Managing Committee and Hon’ble MLA, Kabisuryanagara. The Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odisha, Sj. Naveen Patnaik, has taken special care and concern for the infrastructural development of the college by sanctioning a Special Assistance of Rs. 50,00,000/-. The college is located over an area of 10 acres by the side of the National Highway 59. Initially it was an affiliated college of Utkal University till the establishment of Berhampur University. The college has already celebrated its Golden Jubilee on completion of its 50th Birth Anniversary. It has been functioning as an Autonomous institution since the academic session 2014-15 following the conferment of Autonomy by the UGC. The college was placed in Grade ‘B+’ in 2007 after an assessment by the National Assessment & Accreditation Council (NAAC).
This institution has rendered a tremendous service in the field of Higher Education especially in South Odisha. It imparts qualitative education by engaging professionally qualified academicians to prepare the students with positive attitude and competitive spirit.
Over the years this college has grown into a full-fledged Multi Faculty co-educational institution with Post Graduation in Commerce, Honours facilities in Science, Commerce & Arts, Professional courses like BBA, BCA, E-Commerce, EETC and IT apart from regular courses with due approval of the State Government.
Objectives of the Institution
- Create a Sound academic ambience, open to all irrespective of caste, creed and gender to remove the barriers in Higher Education.
- Make students realize the concept of unity in diversity, a distinctive feature of Indian culture which has enabled the civilization to remain integrated in terms of social, culture and economic aspects.
- Encourage and facilitate the transfer of knowledge and technology into solutions to improve the quality of life of people by addressing issues of common concern.
- Prepare students with a positive attitude and train them to be honest and fit for the present Job Market.
- Engage professionally qualified academicians to cultivate moral and Educational values among students.
- Connect and contribute through its academics, research, extension and collaborations to find ways to meet the challenges of Higher Education.
- Impart the humanist attitude at this spirit of service.